Spread Betting Companies | Welcome
Spread Betting Companies is here to guide those looking to boost their investment capabilities through spread betting. We hope to provide the information and capabilities that will help you to select your spread betting company in an easy and informed manner. (Looking to choose a spread betting company? Compare spread betting companies now at our sister site).
Spread Betting Company Checklist
How tight are the spreads?
Have you heard about them before?
Get a feel for service by giving them a call and asking questions
How slick does the platform look?
Do they offer a practice account?
Sign up for their market updates
Compare Spread Betting Companies
|FTSE 100 today: A view from SVS Securities|
|Written by Sam Coventry|
|Thursday, 05 May 2011 15:07|
Spread betting traders will be noting that the FTSE 100 has failed to convince, further short positions could be in order.
The FTSE 100 is called to open higher this morning after the decline in the previous session with investors focusing on another round of corporate news and economic data (see below).
Both the Bank of England MPC and the ECB will be making their latest announcements on interest rates at midday and 12.45pm respectively with the consensus for no change in either expected. Brent oil and silver are currently steady but the copper price has come off again.
Today's Company announcements
Spread betting companies: Corporate breakdown
Wm Morrison IMS reports Q1 same store sales up 2.5% ex fuel and VAT but added that it remained cautious amid the economic outlook although full year expectations are unchanged. (See the recommendation on WM Morrison issued by Spread Betting Companies earlier today).
Diageo IMS/Q3 reports that trading was in line with expectations on underlying sales up 7% led by emerging markets. It added that Europe continues to be challenging with North American consumer trends improving.
Randgold Q1 Results sees profit up 43% quarter on quarter and ahead 92% on the corresponding period of 2010 whilst gold production showed a 6% rise on the previous quarter and 24% up on the same time in 2010.
Lloyds IMS reports that it has set aside £3.2bn to cover potential costs relating to payment protection insurance which has resulted in a £2.44bn net loss in Q1. However, the 'combined' business saw a £284m PBT. Underlying revenue fell to £5.2bn (£5.9bn) and impairment charges rose because of the Irish loan book.
Vedanta Preliminary Results saw net profits up 28% to $770.8m on revenues ahead 44% to $11.4bn due to higher commodity prices. It added that it expected continued growth in metal consumption led by China and India with tight supply in specific markets and highlighted copper and zinc.
Some Spread Betting Wisdom
A great piece of advice for those looking to get stuck into spread betting. While most spread betting companies love to push their index offerings, most traders fail to make money off them....
Spread Betting Companies | Latest
- World Spreads hails the success of the 'Zero Spreads' spread betting account
- Spread betting company CMC Markets nurses the losses as heavy investments are made
- Spread bet company Capital Spreads predicts an increase in merger activity
- Where to for currencies? Your latest Spread Betting Companies guidance note
- Spread betting ideas: Sell Autonomy
- Markets: Market volatility keeps the pressure on Eurozone policymakers
- Spread betting insight: Strategic value of ARM and Imagination will only increase
Spread Betting Companies | About Us
- The UK spread betting industry is getting more and more competitive, just take a look at the latest earning results of those listed spread betting companies - they all point to squeezed earnings as more companies enter the market and more White Label brands compete for clients.
- However more spread betting companies can only be a good thing for spread betting clients!
- Spreads have been rammed lower, account opening deals have got sweeter and customer services has improved.
- And all the while spread betting companies continue to drive innovation on their platforms.
- This website, as the name sugggests, is here to keep an eye on all the latest industry moves and introduce clients to the various spread betting companies operating both in the UK and across the globe.