Spread Betting Companies | Welcome
Spread Betting Companies is here to guide those looking to boost their investment capabilities through spread betting. We hope to provide the information and capabilities that will help you to select your spread betting company in an easy and informed manner. (Looking to choose a spread betting company? Compare spread betting companies now at our sister site).
Spread Betting Company Checklist
How tight are the spreads?
Have you heard about them before?
Get a feel for service by giving them a call and asking questions
How slick does the platform look?
Do they offer a practice account?
Sign up for their market updates
Compare Spread Betting Companies
|Spread betting insight: Strategic value of ARM and Imagination will only increase|
|Written by Sam Coventry|
|Friday, 16 September 2011 13:41|
The case for getting behind ARM Holdings and Imagination Technologies.
Spread Betting Companies takes a look at the attractive prospects that ARM Holdings and IMG offer spread bet traders.
Shares in both UK technology companies have become increasingly important as mobile technology ecosystems simplify and consolidate.
"We believe that some of the arguments around why neither is a take-over target could start to be undone. Given the massive shifts in business models that the IT industry’s old and new giants are going through, the ‘fear in their eyes’ and the steps they are willing to take to secure a future, we would not rule out the acquisition of ARM or IMG, even by companies with no history in chip design," analysts at Peel Hunt tell Spread Betting Companies.
2011 has not been a good year for consumer PC sales, with a steady stream of forecast downgrades resulting from a combination of weak economies and competition from tablets and arguably smartphones.
The US back-to-school season has disappointed. HP is looking at divesting its PC business, the world’s largest. Meanwhile, the scramble for market share continues in the mobile space, where there is much left to play for.
Micron recently presented the slide below at its analyst day – we use it to make the point that whereas the PC market consolidated to a handful of players, the mobile ecosystem is still very fragmented.
"This results in higher innovation in the near term, but we see a natural path towards a significantly reduced ecosystem, because of high investment costs, the inefficiencies of designing for multiple platforms and critical mass issues (most recently exemplified by HP’s decision to pull its Palm smartphones and tablets), corporate consolidation, and aggressive action against patent infringement," says Peel Hunt.
Spread Betting Companies believes, in this context, the UK IP providers ARM and IMG appear to be in a very strong position.
Some Spread Betting Wisdom
A great piece of advice for those looking to get stuck into spread betting. While most spread betting companies love to push their index offerings, most traders fail to make money off them....
Spread Betting Companies | Latest
- World Spreads hails the success of the 'Zero Spreads' spread betting account
- Spread betting company CMC Markets nurses the losses as heavy investments are made
- Spread bet company Capital Spreads predicts an increase in merger activity
- Where to for currencies? Your latest Spread Betting Companies guidance note
- Spread betting ideas: Sell Autonomy
- Markets: Market volatility keeps the pressure on Eurozone policymakers
- Spread betting insight: Strategic value of ARM and Imagination will only increase
Spread Betting Companies | About Us
- The UK spread betting industry is getting more and more competitive, just take a look at the latest earning results of those listed spread betting companies - they all point to squeezed earnings as more companies enter the market and more White Label brands compete for clients.
- However more spread betting companies can only be a good thing for spread betting clients!
- Spreads have been rammed lower, account opening deals have got sweeter and customer services has improved.
- And all the while spread betting companies continue to drive innovation on their platforms.
- This website, as the name sugggests, is here to keep an eye on all the latest industry moves and introduce clients to the various spread betting companies operating both in the UK and across the globe.